Many office workers and all other workers who spend a lot of time at work without much movement wonder what is a good meal option. Due to sedentary lifestyle difficult to find time to exercise and prepare complicated dishes so often we reach for quick and unhealthy versions.
However, breakfast at work can be very healthy, nutritious and easy to make. If you have a kitchen in the office, you can make it there, but also in advance at home.
Some suggestions for a healthy breakfast at work are:
-Sandwich or integral protein bread, lettuce, boiled eggs, tomatoes, and cucumbers.
-Cereals with yogurt and chopped fruit flavored with cinnamon.
-Oatmeal with grated dark chocolate and bananas.
-Fruit salad and Greek yogurt.
-Smoothie fruit or vegetable juices and milk.
-Two boiled eggs, low-fat cheese, and tomato.
If you have a microwave in the place where you work, you can make more servings of breakfast for a couple of days a week and keep it in the freezer at home. In the morning, put it in your bag and warm it in the microwave when you get to work. One type of breakfast that is prepared is a wrapped sandwich with spinach and feta cheese that you will need:
A portion for 4 people:
- 10 eggs
- 5 cups of baby spinach
- 250 grams of cherry tomatoes chopped
- 120 grams of smashed feta cheese
- a little olive oil
- salt, pepper, and parsley as desired
- 4 large tortillas, homemade or purchased
Make a burrito for breakfast according to the recipe from the Kitchen culinary portal:
- In a larger bowl, break 10 eggs and whisk them well until homogeneous. Spice salt and pepper. Bake them in a frying pan whose bottom is covered with olive oil so that every now and then stir until you have a structure of egg. When baked, transfer them to a plate on the side.
- Clean the pan and cover it with a little olive oil. Add spinach and cook on medium heat stirring frequently until wilted. Place the finished spinach on the side dish.
- On the desktop, place the tortilla and place the quarter-prepared eggs, spinach, tomatoes, and feta cheese. Season as desired with fresh parsley. Repeat 4 times for 4 tortillas.
- Wrap the tortilla so that an edge switch, and then firmly’s roll to one side. You can also fasten the end with a toothpick, then wrap it with aluminum foil and put it in the freezer. So can remain in the freezer for a week.
When you are ready to eat tortillas at work, take one out of the freezer and bring it with you. Unwrap the foil and warmed in the microwave for 2 minutes.
One burrito has 500 calories, less than 29 grams of protein and 4.4 grams of fiber.